Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Flooring in the RV

When we got our rig, we knew it was mechanically sound but we wanted to remodel the inside. Our first goal was to get the carpet out which was pretty saturated with odors from the past owner having several dogs.








Once we had it out, we needed to put Kilz on the floor since the odor was still very pungent.









Then replacing it all with vinyl squares which did not hold out as well as we expected but it looked great and fit our decor perfectly!







We eventually replaced the vinyl with these carpet squares which has worked out really well. Installation was simple and it took care of the bumps that popped out the vinyl from the rounded screws set in the floor. The padding in the squares help to cover them and is much warmer on the feet during cold weather.


1 comment:

Joy said...

This is interesting. My husband and I are in the 'planning/dreaming' stages of what we will do when he retires in 2 years. Part of what we want to do is perhaps use and RV and live in a warmer climate during the cold months.We'll have to live very frugally to make it happen. Glad you are living your dream. I found you on 'The Old Geezer' blog. I'm a writer and love photography, I'd love to travel and write about my experiences. I'm headed over to your other blogs.